Patrick Mahomes is breaking his silence on his little brother’s arrest … saying Wednesday, “It’s kind of a personal thing that I’m going to keep to myself.”
The Kansas City Chiefs star met with media members for the first time since Jackson Mahomes was hit with three aggravated sexual battery charges stemming from an alleged February encounter with a woman … and it wasn’t hard to see the quarterback did not feel comfortable speaking about it all publicly.
He told a reporter twice that he wanted to keep his feelings on the matter private … saying he’s going to do his best going forward to separate his family matters from his football career.
“At the end of the day,” the QB told the media member, “I come here to play football and try to take care of my family, at the same time.”
“So,” he continued, “just kind of keep it to myself and just go out there and play football when I’m in the building.”
The 27-year-old was then asked a broader question about how he’d balance it all going forward.
“It’s your family,” he said, “but you have to come in here and do a job. And that’s what I try to do every day.”
As we reported, Jackson was arrested on May 3 … after a restaurant owner alleged he grabbed her and forcibly kissed her multiple times at her Kansas establishment three months ago. The younger Mahomes was also accused of shoving a male member of her wait staff earlier in the evening.
Jackson appeared in court for a hearing on the matter on May 16 … but he’s yet to issue a plea on the charges.
The social media star’s attorney, though, did say at the time of the initial allegations back in February that Jackson had done nothing wrong.
“Our investigation has revealed substantial evidence refuting the claims of Jackson’s accuser including the statements of several witnesses,” Brandan Davies said. “We have reached out to law enforcement to provide the fruit of our investigation so that they may have a complete picture of the matter.”
Jackson is due back in court in August.