More trouble in paradise? Meghan Markle is set to “stay at home with the kids” after being removed from the schedule of Prince Harry’s upcoming Invictus Games, RadarOnline.com has learned.
In the latest development to come after Markle, 42, was spotted without her engagement ring two separate times last month, it was revealed that the actress-turned-royal will not appear at the Invictus Games taking place from September 9 to 16 in Düsseldorf, Germany.
According to a royal course close to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Markle will instead “stay home with Archie and Lilibet” in an effort to avoid the “limelight.”
“[Markle] will probably want to stay at home with Archie and Lilibet,” royal insider Robert Jobson told Daily Express US on Thursday. “She will likely try to stay out of the limelight to avoid another media storm”
Prince Harry’s wife was originally scheduled to “take to the stage” for the Invictus Games closing ceremony on September 16, although her name was recently and abruptly removed from the schedule.
The schedule has since been updated, and German TV host Hadnet Tesfai is now set to replace Markle during the closing ceremony.
“[Markle] will take to the stage to host the intimate and moving glimpse into the extraordinary journeys of the Invictus Games competitors,” the original Invictus Games schedule read before it was suddenly changed earlier this week.
Meanwhile, Invictus Games sources told Daily Mail that the original information was “uploaded in error” and there were never any plans for Prince Harry’s wife to appear at the event.
Markle was also expected to meet Harry in Germany following the prince’s solo visit to the United Kingdom on Thursday, although Jobson “cast doubt” about that as well.
Prince Harry founded and launched the first Invictus Games in 2014 following two tours the 38-year-old renegade royal served in Afghanistan.